I don’t know why but I love lists. Pro/con lists, to-do lists, shopping lists, guest lists…All of them. They make me feel organized when I am most decidedly not. They make me feel productive because, well, even if I do nothing on them – I did make it and there is the potential for me to cross things off of them. And if my some chance I do get something on the list done, well then I get to cross it off and that’s just fun.
Lately I’ve felt slightly adrift and like I really have no idea what I’m doing, which is normal for a 20-something. So on this Sunday morning, I thought I’d make a list of things I do, in fact, know and share it with you.
Things I Know:
- Lady GaGa is strange, but makes very catchy music.
- This is what I’m looking for.
- My path is different from yours.
- That is OK.
- Being ridiculous is a lot of fun.
- Belief in something, anything is important. Beware of someone who doesn’t believe in anything.
- Just because you don’t agree with someone, doesn’t make them wrong.
- My career is not the most important thing to me. Up there, but not number 1.
- I am an eternal, pie in the sky, naive, optimist.
- It’s ok to not know everything.